Anyway, no one is really sure what would help most with a problem like HIV. Here’s the podcast version of the relevant program. There doesn’t seem to be a transcript. http://www.kcrw.com/news/programs/tp/tp140307does_foreign_aid_to_?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+kcrw%2Ftp+%28To+The+Point%29 This is an hour-long program and not all of it is about Africa. I’m sorry I can’t clip out the relevant parts, but I thought it was worth linking in case you’re interested. The digest follows:
- William Easterly: New York University, @bill_easterlyJohn McArthur
- John McArthur: Brookings Institution, @mcarthurDayo Olopade
- Dayo Olopade: journalist and author, @madayo
- Easterly's 'The Tyranny of Experts: Economists, Dictators and the Forgotten Rights of the Poor?'
- Olopade's 'The Bright Continent: Breaking Rules and Making Change in Modern Africa'