Thursday, November 07, 2013

AN INFOGRAPHIC THAT CAME IN OVER THE WALL


Normally I don't link to other websites and blogs, but this one seems different in terms of relevance and value.  It's for people who are working on masters' degrees in education, a good credential in a woeful field.  The infographic is about kids who in school but not functioning due to what Katharine calls "mental disorders," which could be hard-wiring problems, chemical problems, misunderstanding problems, or whatever.  It's useful to ponder but won't tell you what to do about it.  That's honest.

I would raise the caution that some of these problems might not really be problems: just a bad fit with the situation, the result of social forces, the result of abuse (including from parents), or in the eye of the beholder rather than the object of the beholding.  But I agree that making a child invisible is not a good way to go.

Prairie Mary


Hi Mary,

My name is Katherine Rose and I’m a resident blogger at Topmastersineducation.com. I came across your blog while doing some research and thought of dropping you a note of appreciation. Your blog posts are quite informative and some posts really helped me in my research work.

Well, I also have an infographic which I think you will find relevant to your blog theme. Here it is “Mental Disorders and the Forgotten Children”(
http://www.topmastersineducation.com/forgotten-children/).

If you find it helpful, please take a moment to pass it on to your readers also.

Regards,
Katherine Rose

No comments: