REMARKS

Since in my own mind many of these posts have been "chapters," I'm splitting some of them out to separate blogs. But also, my audience is divided and quite different, one part from another. Many have dropped out and many have newly arrived. There are recognizable paper "book" versions of some of the posts that fit together.

I find that some people still assume that a blog is a sort of diary. This one is not. It is not for children, either in terms of subject or writing style. It's not written "down." Think academic magazine or column without footnotes.


SOCIAL MEDIA

My name shows up on google+ and twitter, but I only monitor and will not add you. I do NOT do Facebook though someone with the same name does. Please use plain email. My phone landline is in the phone book. I have no cell phone.

Other Blogs by me

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE ART OF BOB SCRIVER, PLEASE GO TO: www.scriverart.blogspot.com.

Notes from Alvina Krause between 1957-1961 are posted at www.Krausenotes.blogspot.com


TWO REBLOGS:
Fiction about Indians at www.willowsticks.blogspot.com
Essays about Indians at www.siksikaskinitsiman.blogspot.com



Sunday, February 05, 2006

JOHN HELLSON



This photo shows John Hellson, expert on Medicine Bundles and other sacred Blackfoot materials, advising Bob Scriver about the figures who would become "The Opening of the Thunder Pipe Bundle." The Pipe Owner is directly in front of Bob Scriver and is a portrait of Charlie Reevis. Each of the figures is a portrait of the people who were actual members of the Bundle Keepers. There are only two living now: whoever it was who posed for the small boy and Joe Old Chief, who was one of the drummers.

1 comment:

mosesstillatit said...

Please Contact "Moses" at:

gerald.larnedmike@gmail.com

Congratulations and Best Wishes. I am delighted to see you are doing well. I just googled your name on a whim today and was rewarded with your progress.

Love and Respects

Moses

Jerry Taylor
San Francisco, Ca USA