REMARKS

Since in my own mind many of these posts have been "chapters," I'm splitting some of them out to separate blogs. But also, my audience is divided and quite different, one part from another. Many have dropped out and many have newly arrived. There are recognizable paper "book" versions of some of the posts that fit together.

I find that some people still assume that a blog is a sort of diary. This one is not. It is not for children, either in terms of subject or writing style. It's not written "down." Think academic magazine or column without footnotes.


SOCIAL MEDIA

My name shows up on google+ and twitter, but I only monitor and will not add you. I do NOT do Facebook though someone with the same name does. Please use plain email. My phone landline is in the phone book. I have no cell phone.

Other Blogs by me

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE ART OF BOB SCRIVER, PLEASE GO TO: www.scriverart.blogspot.com.

Notes from Alvina Krause between 1957-1961 are posted at www.Krausenotes.blogspot.com


TWO REBLOGS:
Fiction about Indians at www.willowsticks.blogspot.com
Essays about Indians at www.siksikaskinitsiman.blogspot.com



Wednesday, January 25, 2006

NANOFICTION

1-25-06
The warm wind roared and pried and battered at the sides of the houses. Stovepipes ripped out of their sockets. Garbage cans rolled down the streets. Branches tore off trees and flailed at every obstacle. Some comforted themselves with the thought that their houses had survived previous storms. But what about themselves? This mental pounding.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I have created a Squidoo lens on Nanofiction and tagged your site.

http://www.squidoo.com/nanofiction

Request you to kindly visit the lens and give some suggestions on how to improve content.

Thanks
Peter

prairie mary said...

Thank you, Peter! I had no idea what a "Squidoo lens" was, but once I didn't know what nanofiction was either! I'm very glad to have this little guide.

I've experimented with little "nano books" handmade with the stories on mailing labels, but haven't tried to market any.

Prairie Mary