Thursday, November 28, 2019

A PAGE OF FINNEY MEMORIES


This is from the Finney side of the family, an album page made by a Finney cousin who does this for a business.  The little vignette at the top is a couple I met a few times when they were much older.  The oval at the top right is my grandmother and grandfather, their wedding photo.  

Then on the right side is a photo of cousins I never met. Below that is a WWII photo of three generations.  I am on my uncle Seth's knee.  He was a handsome bomber and cargo plane pilot.  Retired next to a golf course, soon felled by a stroke.  

The photo I value the most is the big one of Finneys.  The woman in the middle is Beulah Swan Finney Strachan.  Her first baby was premature and died in a little over two weeks.  The other, Mary, married very young and died in childbirth.  One of the boys died an alcoholic.  Families at a certain stage seem invulnerable.  None are.

No comments: