Monday, February 23, 2015

MISCELLANEOUS

From my blog provider  (Google):

Dear Blogger User,

We're writing to tell you about an upcoming change to the Blogger Content Policy that may affect your account.

In the coming weeks, we'll no longer allow blogs that contain sexually explicit or graphic nude images or video. We'll still allow nudity presented in artistic, educational, documentary, or scientific contexts, or where there are other substantial benefits to the public from not taking action on the content.

The new policy will go into effect on the 23rd of March 2015. After this policy goes into effect, Google will restrict access to any blog identified as being in violation of our revised policy. No content will be deleted, but only blog authors and those with whom they have expressly shared the blog will be able to see the content we've made private.

Our records indicate that your account may be affected by this policy change. Please refrain from creating new content that would violate this policy.


ETC.ETC.ETC.


________

I can't think what they're referring to except that there's a photo of me "stripping" aged one year old.  I was down to my socks but had my diaper on.   Are they talking about my many posts about sex?  The ones with sexually explicit or graphic nudes are from Google Images.  The most graphic and rather shocking photos I've seen and NOT used are on Wikipedia.  Very strange world.

Maybe it's this "role reversal" of my father bathing my brother.


1941
__________

My eye is infected/irritated from too much screen time.  I'll just stay clear off for a day or so and see what that does.  It's an 80 mile drive to the eye doc and there's another wave of polar air coming in.

If you just MUST have some Scriver time, try a new platform where I've been posting family album photos.  Thematic.co/maryscriver    So far no threats to censor.  It's photos with short captions.

Prairie Mary
If I were in power, I would not run the world this way.





2 comments:

Jake Allsop said...

Oh dear, there is so much of this pisollanimous nannying going on thsee days. It is beyong risk-averse; it's life-denying. My contemporaries and I had a saying:"Don't let the bastards grind you down". That was decades ago, but it's just as valid today.
Strength to your elbow, Mary Scriver!

Mary Strachan Scriver said...

The difference is that your contemporaries could say it in Latin.

I wonder what it sounds like in Chinese.

Prairie Mary