Monday, January 01, 2018

BREAKDANCES WITH WOLVES: Indigenous Pirate Radio







This is not going to be for everyone.  It's "about" where I am next to the Blackfeet rez but it broadcasts from Seattle.  I listened to #56 which is memories of Christmas.  I hadn't known about this program until this morning. 

Breakdances With Wolves is Gyasi Ross, Wesley ("Snipes Type") Roach and Minty LongEarth, a few Natives with opinions and a platform.  It begins with an incoherent scramble of excited folks and then smooths out into moments of serious insight.

If you want to know what a Blackfeet/NW Indian combination looks like, here you go, both country version and city version.  He's a lawyer, writer, activist:  



I won't hedge around.  These guys and gals are gay.  Some of them are partly black.  Most seem to be a mix of tribes.

My New Year's concept is going to be more up front.  I am not "Indian," I am not gay, I am more practical than political but neither naive nor defenseless in an explosive world.  




No comments: