Monday, July 27, 2020

BUSHWHACKED

THIS BLOG IS ABOUT TO END.

IF YOU WANT TO BE INCLUDED IN A MAILING LIST, SEND ME YOUR EMAIL AND I'LL CONSTRUCT ONE.
mscriver@3rivers.net

OTHERWISE, LOOK FOR ME ON THE TWO ACADEMIC WEBSITES, ACADEMIA.EDU AND RESEARCHGATE, OR MAYBE ON MEDIUM.COM  BOOKS ARE ON LULU.COM OR AMAZON.

GOOGLE HAS CRUSHED MY BELOVED BLOGGER.  THEIR REDESIGN IS TOO PALE AND THIN FOR ME TO READ WITHOUT GETTING A HEADACHE (I'M 80).    THIS IS A PARTICULAR PROBLEM WHEN I'M SCROLLING POSTS TO COMPILE BOOKS.  THEIR RESTRICTIONS ARE ALL ABOUT MONEY-MAKING AND PRUDERY.  THEY HAVE NO CONCERN FOR CONTENT, WHICH EXPLAINS WHY SO MUCH BLOGGING IS DRECK.

The original idea of blogging was to report on ideas from exploring the Internet.  The model was something like a personal letter to friends.  My own tendency has been more like a magazine article or column, and then has grown into something more like an academic journal based on history or ideas.  Maybe I'm ready for a domain if I can figure out what that is.

Google does even have my email right:
mscriver@3rivers.net    They took over my old address, changed it and forced me onto gmail.  I've changed my address now.  And here they are again on blogger.

I haven't closed my blogger account.  If Google eliminates the others besides this one, I'll close out all relationship.

I grieve, I mourn, it's just another insult like all the other pandemics.

No comments: