Saturday, July 11, 2020

IF YOU WANT A BLACKFEET WRITER . . .

Normally, I would put this on Twitter, but maybe it will work here. I have no plans to write books about the Blackfeet, though I might group some posts into manuscripts to self-publish.  Anyone is welcome to use my posts as resources.

If you are a publisher looking for a "real" Blackfeet writer, here is a list:

1.  Woody Kipp was a journalism professor and has already had a book published.

2.  Carol and John Murray are academics who have traveled to Washington, D.C.  John is the official historian of the tribe.

3.  Marvin Weatherwax, either Jr. or Sr. are informed, eloquent, and easy-going.

At this point I have no idea how to find them. Pow-wows are shut down so there's not so much summer travel.  Try the Blackfeet Community College   https://bfcc.edu
The tribal offices will probably not be much help.  The real way to find people here is to get in the pickup and drive over to their mom's house.



No comments: