Sunday, August 30, 2020

SMART ALECK REMARKS (Cumulative)

Just now considering the difference Kurt Anderson suggests between the "right wing wealthy" versus "the right wing rabble."  The former care only about money and the latter are preoccupied with proof of phony virtue: issues of rules past their shelf life.

Under cover of the latter, the elites working long-term changed the rules of law to make their grifting legal.
______________________________

It is very strange to see the very streets where I grew up and where my cousin lives now, invaded by thugs with flags, shooting people in the park next to my grade school.  The cops and myself suspect that they are coming up from California where it's too hot even before the fires and also that they have footholds on the Vancouver WA side of the Columbia.  There are only three bridges across that mighty river -- 2 of them double rather than different.  Not hard to throw up traffic stops on them.
____________________________

To old white male legislators, the wave of people coming up from Central and South America are invaders.  But to the indigenous people of North America they seem more like reinforcements.

Personally, if coffee goes extinct, I could get used to yerba mate.  ("Rolling Thunder" is the brand of tea.  High caffeine.)  The Argentine version of a "go-cup" is a gourd with a straw -- you can drink it that way on horseback.
________________________
This linked below is a study of the different effects of sulfonamide drugs on ducks as compared to dogs.  Strong differences!
https://diabetes.diabetesjournals.org/content/23/5/412
When I was first diagnosed with pre-diabetes, the doc put me on one of these drugs and I nearly crashed the car on the way home.  My glucose didn't quite go low enough for me to lose consciousness and I've learned to carry a bag of hard candy.  

I don't know whether I'm more like a duck, or more like a dog.  My present doc says it's a known reaction in some people.  Since then I've not eaten sugar if I can spot it (It's in tomato soup and Boston beans in big amounts!) and have gotten along fine on metformin.  Coffee is my new chocolate.

Now I'm just beginning to have neuropathy in extremities, mostly feet, because I get so little exercise -- which incenses the docs.  Obviously it's a shortage of blood circulation which is the virtue of exercise which makes the blood move faster and in greater volume.  Now comes a designer drug, a form of thiamine which helps red blood cells carry more oxygen, cell by cell.  Several poisons, including carbon monoxide, kill by replacing the oxygen in blood cells.  

The idea is that if one's fingers and toes are not getting enough oxygen, maybe neither is your brain.  But the "brain blood barrier" will not allow thiamine, normally soluble in water, into the brain.  The workaround is benfotiamine, a form of thiamine deviced to be fat soluble, thus getting into the brain.

It would be very good if my fingers and toes got oxygen, but my real concern and the way I got to this stuff is thought about why I am always in a state of fatigue and sometimes muscle aches.  When I say "always", I mean since childhood.  Recently I bought an oximeter which shows that I'm always in the lowest nineties when it comes to oxygen saturation.  This is associated with chronic fatigue syndrome and low level fibromyalgia
which my childhood docs called "growing pains."  Rubbing helped and so do hot baths, both of which increase blood circulation.

A clear cause-and-effect dynamic has not been proven, but there's reason for suspicion.  So I have a bottle of the stuff and will try it for a while.  It's unlikely to overdose on thiamine, but I'm cautious so I'll start with smaller doses.

No comments: