Sunday, September 27, 2020

ODDS AND ENDS (short)

A week ago Saturday someone was banging on my door very hard but I wove the noise right into my dreams and only later realized it was real.  I apologize to whomever might have really needed me to answer.  I learned that consciousness doesn't always want to rise to the surface.

At Animal Control if people wouldn't answer their door, we called them on the phone.  We are conditioned to answer the phone.
___________________________

No sooner did I ask for the gas meter to be shut off than the busy algorithm sent me this.

@EnergyBoom
This month marks the anniversaries of two of the nation’s worst gas explosions: #MerrimackValley & #SanBruno. Between them, 9 people were killed, 75+ were injured, and thousands had to evacuate. And just last month it happened again in Baltimore, MD. We need to #MakeGasHistory

There is no gas in this house at the moment but I intend a gas wall heater soon.  It will not be in the crawl space.

I'll add that the estate of the frozen man, who died in his trailer with no heat while sitting in his easy chair, has evidently been settled.  The property is being renovated.  It's an old Texaco station once operated by the husband of my step-daughter who was a year older than me.  This is the sort of thing small towns notice and discuss.  Abolishing gas is never on the agenda.

No comments: